Nero announces the launch of its Nero 2015 Classic and Nero 2015 Platinum digital media suites which make it easier to burn, rip, play, edit and share digital content anytime, anywhere, on any device. The software suites feature more than 10 all-new mobile apps and major enhancements to Nero’s flagship PC applications Nero Burning ROM (advanced ripping, copying and disc burning), Nero Video (video editing and authoring), Nero Recode (video ripping and transcoding), Nero Express (easy ripping, copying, and disc burning) and Nero MediaHome (streaming server, audio/photo/video manager, slideshow creator).
“The major enhancements to Nero 2015 reflect feedback received directly from consumers, who are looking to take their content anywhere and view it across all of their devices,” said Jürgen Kurz, CEO, Nero AG. “Our brand new version not only allows consumers to enjoy their videos, photos, and music more easily on any device, but also offers enhanced media management, video authoring, editing, and burning features which are not available in any other comparable software solution.”
The brand new Android™ & iOS mobile apps include:
- Nero MediaHome Receiver which streams files directly from PCs or laptops running Nero MediaHome to all Android™ & iOS devices over WiFi. All transcoding happens automatically to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Nero AirBurn which allows users to wirelessly transfer their files, photos, videos and more from a smartphone or tablet to a PC running Nero Burning ROM, and have it burn directly to a CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, or a disc image.
- Nero Manual apps which feature easy-to-understand tutorials, video guides, and tips and tricks for Nero’s flagship PC applications. Running on a “second screen”, the manual apps keep the desktop free for running the applications in full screen.
Nero 2015 Classic replaces the previous “standard” editions of the Nero suite, and features the following key enhancements:
- Redesigned Nero launcher: Provides quick and easy access to Nero`s applications.
- Geotags: New support for geotags right within Nero MediaHome enables the creation of slideshows and videos based on places visited through camera-generated or user-added geotags.
- Integrated Cloud access: Photos, music and videos stored in the Nero BackItUp cloud can be easily accessed from any device.
- Auto-transcoding: Video files can be streamed from Nero MediaHome to TVs or Media Players, even if those devices don’t support the original source format.
- On-the-fly video disc format changing: Disc target formats can be switched easily, avoiding the need to re-create a project from scratch if another output format is required (e.g. from AVCHD to DVD-Video).
- New text effects: Hollywood quality text styles and animations can easily be added to videos.
- Faster video authoring and transcoding: Burning and converting are even faster with enhanced SmartEncoding, which delivers superfast rendering and improved hardware acceleration for AVC export.
Nero 2015 Platinum includes all the characteristic enhancements of Nero 2015 Classic, with the addition of a fully-fledged Blu-ray Disc player (including 3D support), Blu-ray Disc ripping to virtually any video file format, 4K (UHD) video editing and slideshow support, as well as hundreds of additional video effects and retro movie theme templates.
Pricing and Availability
Both suites are immediately available through major retail stores and authorized Nero resellers, as well as directly at www.nero.com. The recommended prices are $99.99 for Nero 2015 Classic and $129.99 for Nero 2015 Platinum. The AndroidTM apps are already available and the iOS apps are coming soon.
The newly-enhanced Nero MediaHome is offered completely free-of-charge. For consumers interested in acquiring single applications, Nero Video 2015 – now including all the advanced video editing features found in Nero 2015 Platinum such as BD-Video and 4K (UHD) – is available individually for $59.99, and the legendary burning software Nero Burning ROM 2015 is also available for $49.99.