With all the available types of Web Hosting, it can be bit confusing as to which one is good for you. Things can become more confusing because you will have to decide between your current and future need. In this articles, we dive the key difference between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting so you can find which type is the right one for you, because it is important to do the research before making a choice.

Sites Hosted on the Server:

Shared Hosting Dedicated Hosting
With a shared hosting package, you will share all your resources with each other, such as data, memory, CPU time and disk space A dedicated hosting, meaning your website is the only website hosted on the server. You do not share resources like CPU time and memory with anyone else
shared-vs-dedicated-hosting-photo
Web Hosting

Performance and Response Time:

Shared Hosting Dedicated Hosting
Shared hosting is like a family computer. If one person is downloads every single episode of Game of Thrones and fills up 60% of the hard drive, the rest of the family only has 40% of the drive to use – because all the resources are shared. Having  a dedicated server is like having your own computer. No one else is using your space or your resources – all the memory and power is for you alone.

Bandwidth or Disk Space:

Shared Hosting Dedicated Hosting
With  shared hosting, the amount of disk space and bandwidth you are allotted is limited because there are others sharing the server. You will be charged if you surpass you assigned amount. With this type, bandwidth and disk space are only dedicated to you so there’s no limitations and no sharing on the amount of space available space

Security:

Shared Hosting Dedicated Hosting
The activities of other sites on the shared server can affect your client’s site, putting them at risk of viruses, hacking and blacklisting. Because you are the only one using the server, risk of attack or outage is minimized.

Price:

Shared Hosting Dedicated Hosting
Affordability  is the biggest benefits why so many small businesses choose shared hosting. About the cost of dedicated hosting, well you probably find the cheapest one, starting from $100, but this can go up to $100 as well.