EVGA has delivered a new iCX cooling and tuning technology for its GPUs that promises higher performance and higher manage in comparison to predecessors. The video cards feature more than one onboard thermal sensors and microcontrollers (MCUs) designed that enable customers to precisely track settings of their cards and screen their state for potentially better performance, balance, and staying power.
The new iCX device consists of 9 thermal sensors embedded across the portraits card’s revealed circuit board: one committed to the images chip, 5 devoted to strength-associated components, and three devoted to the onboard reminiscence. All modern GPUs have at the least one temperature sensor but EVGA is not taking any probabilities and embedded a complete of nine sensors. The system additionally incorporated multiple reminiscence controller units that show the load being dealt with by way of the onboard reminiscence.
EVGA iCX generation Suite specs include :
• EVGA iCX Has 9 Thermal Sensors and more than one MCUs – All nine sensors may be show in EVGA Precision XOC and OSD.
• Asynchronous Fan control – Separate left/right fan control together with fan curve
• a new and more efficient manner to chill – GPU fan determined via GPU temperature. (Left Fan) electricity/memory fan determined by using energy/reminiscence temperature. (proper Fan)
• complete manage with EVGA Precision XOC – each sensor may be monitored in actual time and displayed in PXOC OSD.
• Interactive Cooling with Thermal LED show system – user custom designed RGB shade and visual alarm settings
• Optimized Airflow Fin design – Fin holes direct airflow through fins. 1/2 open fin maximized airflow and L-fashioned fins growth floor touch
• Die forged and shape fitted Baseplate and Backplate – Makes direct touch with all critical components. Maximize warmth dissipation with accelerated floor area on baseplate.
• Peace of mind Gaming – An EVGA handiest fuse provides another layer of protection for your card and machine.
In phrases of pricing, the refreshed playing cards can be $30 greater (around £25, AU$forty) than their predecessors, and if you have an old ACX-cooled GPU you may change that in for a brand new iCX version, however so as to set you lower back $ninety nine (around £eighty, AU$one hundred thirty).