Gigabyte has launched its X99-Ultra Gaming motherboard. What it claims to be the “not only enhances the gaming experience to a whole other level, but it also brings in the best features of Intel’s X99 chipset.” This motherboard is part of their G1 Gaming series and features ambient surround LEDs, RGB LED headers, quad-GPU SLI/CrossFire support, NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2, Killer E2400 gaming networking and M.2 support, PCIe Gen2 x4 USB 3.1 support, and much more.
GIGABYTE does have the latest in U.2 and M.2 storage technologies along with a fancy way of switching around CPU PCI-E lanes to facilitate all of the features. As a gaming product, it also needs to facilitate multiple GPUs and GIGABYTE has also employed the same PCI-E layout on the X99-Phoenix to try and optimize two and three card setups over four card setups.
Features Of X99-Ultra Gaming Motherboard Are:
- Supports Intel Core i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
- Support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C Support
- Quad Channel, Registered / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Best 3-Way/ 2-Way SLI & CrossFire Support Spacing
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Interface & U.2 Interface for Intel SSD 750
- Killer E2400 and Intel GbE Gaming Networks
- SATA Express Connector for Up to 10Gb/s Data Transfer
- 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over PCIe and DDR Slots
- Ambient Surround LED with RGB Multi-Color Choices
- Ultra Durable Anti-Sulfur Resistors for Longer Lifespan
- Ultra Durable Anti-Rust Rear I/O Connectors
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB ports
- Dual Hybrid Fan Headers with Precise PWM / Voltage Control for Water Pump & Fan
APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
Gigabyte X99-Ultra Gaming motherboard is priced at $279 and comes with a warranty period of 3 years.