Koss has a long history of producing premium headphones equipped with sound quality as its absolute pinnacle. Koss introduced the Koss Porta Pro headphones in 1984 and they grew such a cult following with audiophiles that Koss hasn’t updated a single thing about them (including the drivers) for 32 years, until July 2016.
Last July 2016, the company planned to sell a limited edition colorway of the headphones is enlisting the help of fans to vote their favorite design. The fans of the brand worldwide voted on five different concepts for a limited version of the Koss Porta Pro, and the result was a tie between two colorways of Black Gold, which colors the metallic component gold and Rhythm Beige, which replaces the black plastic component with new, retro beige ones.
And now, Koss is selling both the limited edition colors on Amazon and Koss official website. Each set is cost for $59.99 and each set will be arriving with a hard carry case.
Along with new color options, the Porta Pros also add an inline remote to the cable (something that had previously only been offered on the more expensive Porta Pro KTC model). Well, there is no major changes, they are same as the originals headphones. The headphone offers the same great sound and adjustable comfort zone pressure levels for the earphones that make the Koss Porta Pro headphones everyone’s favorite. Whether you are listening at home or on the go, the Koss Porta Pro delivers all the excitement of a live performance.
Koss Porta Pro HeadPhones Features
- The ultra portable headphones
- Comfort Zone setting on temporal pad for a comfortable secure fit
- Adjustable temporal pads relieve pressure on the ear
- The headphones with a collapsible headband design for protective storage
- Dynamic element for extended frequency response
- Oxygen-free copper voice coils deliver deep bass and signal clearity
- Includes a convenient carrying case for protective storage
- Covered under the Koss stereophones limited lifetime warranty