Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced that its popular Swype keyboard is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users who have downloaded iOS 8. Swype, the input style, has been deployed on over a billion devices around the world – and now iOS 8 customers can experience the most intuitive touchscreen keyboard available on mobile. Swype’s continuous touch technology lets users effortlessly glide their finger from one letter to the next – with words and phrases appearing as they go.
“The keyboard is perhaps the most used feature on a phone, so it has to be intuitive, fast, and of course, it has to deliver incredibly high accuracy”
“The keyboard is perhaps the most used feature on a phone, so it has to be intuitive, fast, and of course, it has to deliver incredibly high accuracy,” said Aaron Sheedy, vice president of mobile solutions, Mobile Division, Nuance. “These have long been the guiding principles behind Swype – the original continuous touch innovation that changed the way people input text on a mobile keyboard, and gave rise to the era of keyboard choice. With iOS 8, now anyone can experience the power of Swype on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.”
Swype for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch also features:
- Quick and Easy Punctuation: Users can enjoy built-in Swype gestures to enter punctuation and symbols for an intuitive and accurate typing experience.
- Next Word Prediction: With advanced next word prediction, Swype users will enjoy a natural, proactive text input experience.
- Adaptive, Learning Vocabulary: Swype learns the words and phrases users use the most so they automatically appear as people input text. So the more it is used, the smarter Swype gets.
- Themes: Five themes will be available at launch to give users the option to personalize their Swype experience.
- Broad Language Coverage: Swype for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch will include language support for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish — more on the way!
Swype is available for a special price of $0.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com.